Written goals are your road map to financial success. What are some elements for good goals?
- Write it down on paper. Ink what you think.
- Make your goals specific, simple, set a deadline and a dollar amount. Think of goals that are realistic but a bit of a stretch.
- Include short-term and long-term goals.
- Add the benefit of accomplishing your goal.
- What are one or two obstacles that you may encounter along the way?
- Occasionally review your goals. Discuss your financial goals with your financial advisor to coordinate your goals with your financial plan.
Be patient with yourself because it may take time to reach some of your goals. And finally, celebrate when you accomplish success.
All investing involves risk, including the possible loss of principal. There is no assurance that any investment strategy will be successful..